Gear S3 Classic: How do I use the messaging app on my Samsung Gear S3 Classic (SM-R770)?
Text messages sent to your mobile device also display on your Gear S3 by default. You can read, reply to, and send messages directly from your Gear S3.
Note: The provided information refers to the devices sold in Canada. The screens and steps shown below may vary by wireless service provider and your mobile device.
Viewing text messages from the notification panel
1. From the Watch screen, rotate the bezel to the left to view notifications.
2. Touch a notification to see the most recent message from the same contact or phone number.
Note: You can also touch the number at the bottom of the screen to see a list of all new messages.
3. Touch the Reply icon to reply to the message, or touch the More options icon.
4. After touching the More options icon, you can:
• Call the contact
• View the message on your mobile device
• Open the Messages app
• Block the app from sending notifications to your Gear S3
• Clear all notifications
Viewing text messages from the Messages app
1. From the Watch screen, press the Home button.
2. Touch Messages.
3. Touch a message to see the full conversation with a contact.
Note: You can touch the More options icon to start a new message or to select messages to Delete. Touch the icons at the top to start a new message or find a contact.
4. Touch the Reply icon, or touch the More options icon to take other actions on the message.
5. When replying, you are presented with brief responses to choose from. Rotate the bezel to see the responses, and then touch the one you want to send.
Note: You can also respond by creating your own message. Touch the appropriate icon at the top of the screen to speak a message, send an emoji, or type a message.
6. Your reply will display in the conversation screen:
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
For Canadian customers only.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .