Gear VR for S6: How do I install the mobile device on my Samsung Gear VR for S6?
Gear VR Innovator Edition for S6
The Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6 offers you an exceptionally comfortable fit while using it for longer periods of time. Its re-designed ergonomic rear strap distributes the weight of the device evenly across your head, ensuring optimum wearing comfort.
Installing the Mobile Device
1. Deactivate the screen lock feature on the Samsung GALAXY S6.
2. Press the Phone Lock key to release the latch and then remove the front cover.
Note: The Gear VR for S6 is compatible only with the GALAXY S6 and the GALAXY S6 edge.
3. Carefully insert the mobile device (face down) at an angle and insert the Gear VR for S6 connector (1) into the mobile device’s USB port. This process is similar to installing the mobile device into a standard charging port. Ensure that the connector is fully inserted into the mobile device’s USB port.
4. Once securely connected, carefully push the opposite end of the mobile device downward (2) until the Phone Lock latch snaps onto the mobile device and secures it against the lenses.
Important: Do not forcefully insert the connector into the mobile device as this may damage the connector. Improper installation can cause scratching on the mobile device. If it is not securely locked, the GALAXY S6 may accidentally separate from the Gear VR for S6 and be damaged.
Note: Verify that your device volume is not set to silent. If the sound is not emitted when you insert the connector into the GALAXY S6, the Gear VR for S6 may not have recognized the connection. Carefully reconnect the mobile device until you hear the sound.
Beginning Gear VR for S6 Software Installation
1. When you connect the mobile device and the Gear VR for S6 for the first time, the mobile device notifies you with an audio message that you should remove it from the Gear VR for S6.
2. Follow the procedures described in “Installing Gear VR for S6 Software”. The Gear VR for S6 software installation process requires an active network or Wi-Fi connection.
Important: This software is required to properly use the Gear VR for S6.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
For Canadian customers only.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .