Gear VR - How do I use the universal menu on my Gear VR with controller (SM-R325)?
The Universal Menu provides quick access to frequently used features on your Gear VR. To open the Universal Menu, press and hold Back on the side of the Gear VR or on the controller. So if you're a creature of habit, the Universal Menu will be your go-to for all of your favorite VR escapades.
Note: The provided information refers to Gear VR sold in Canada. The available settings and options may differ for devices sold in other countries.
With the Universal menu open, select an option by placing the pointer over it and touching the touchpad on the right side of the headset or using the controller:
• A - Home: Exit the current app and return to the Oculus Home screen.
• B - Profile: View your Oculus account profile. You can also livestream your session to Facebook.
• C - Friends: View your friends list, see who is online, and accept or deny pending friend requests.
• D - Notifications: View any notifications received while using the Gear VR.
• E - Settings: Adjust the settings for the Gear VR (see paragraph below for more details).
• F - Utilities: Access special functions for the Gear VR (see paragraph below for more details).
Universal Menu > Settings
With the Universal menu open, select “Settings” by placing the pointer over it and touching the touchpad on the right side of the headset or using the controller. The following functions will be available:
• A - Volume: Adjust the volume of sounds and music by selecting a position on the slider or swipe the touchpad left or right.
• B - Brightness: Adjust the display brightness by selecting a position on the slider or swipe on the touchpad left or right.
• C - Reorient: If the viewing angle changes to an extent where the screen does not display properly, use this feature to realign the display to your line of sight.
• D - Notification: Enables/Disables calls and notifications while using the Gear VR.
• E - Bluetooth: Enables/Disables the Bluetooth function.
• F - Wi-Fi: Enables/Disables the Wi-Fi function.
Universal Menu > Utilities
With the Universal menu open, select “Utilities” by placing the pointer over it and touching the touchpad on the right side of the headset or using the controller. The following functions will be available:
• A - Screenshot: Take a screenshot of the screen displayed before entering the Universal menu. There is a delay before capturing a screenshot giving you time to line up the perfect shot! It will be saved in your mobile device's picture folder. You can also view the screenshot using the Oculus 360 Photo app.
• B - Capture Video: Record a video while you use the Gear VR. The recording will begin at the screen displayed before entering the Universal menu. To stop recording, press and hold Back. You can also view your recording using the Oculus Video app.
• C - Passthrough Camera: Use the camera on the back of your mobile device to let you see "through" the headset and out into your environment. Select Passthrough Camera again to turn it off.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .