Gear VR with Controller: How to install the Gear VR software
Gear VR with Controller - How to install the Gear VR software
Note: Connect your mobile device to an active cellular network or Wi-Fi connection before performing the setup process.
How do I install the Gear VR software?
A: To use the Gear VR, you must manually install the Gear VR app(Oculus). Also, connect the controller to your mobile device before controlling the Gear VR. When you connect the mobile device to the Gear VR for the first time, the Gear VR app (Oculus) installation and controller connection will start automatically.
1) Unlock your mobile device and turn up the volume. Carefully install the compatible mobile device into the Gear VR compartment.
2) When a voice prompt requests you to separate the mobile device from the Gear VR, remove the mobile device.
3) The Gear VR app (Oculus) installation screen will appear on the mobile device. Tap START on the Welcome! screen and follow the prompts.
4) Read and agree to the health and safety warnings, and the terms and conditions in the End User License Agreement (EULA), and then tap “Next”.
5) Tap INSTALL. The default VR apps are automatically installed.
Note: During this initial process, you might be prompted to install additional software or update your mobile device firmware.
6) Enter the account information, following the on-screen instructions and tap Create Account to create an Oculus account.
If you already have an Oculus account, tap Sign In and sign in to it. Your Oculus account will be used when using apps and content provided by Oculus.
7) Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the controller and choose the hand you will use the controller with.
8) When the software is installed, the Oculus app will appear on the Apps screen of the mobile device.
Reconnect your mobile device to the Gear VR and place the Gear VR on your head.
Note: If the screen appears tilted or skewed while using the Gear VR, take it off and then place the Gear VR on a flat surface. Wait 5-7 seconds before using it again.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .