How can I use the Calculator and its advanced functions on my Galaxy S7?
You can perform simple or advanced calculations with the Calculator, a preinstalled app on your smartphone.
Note: The provided information refers to the devices sold in Canada. Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Use the Calculator
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Calculator .
3. Hold your phone in the portrait view to access primary functions (division, multiplication, subtraction or addition).
4. For those who require more advanced calculator functions, turn your smartphone on its side (to the left or to the right) to access advanced scientific functions.
5. To see the calculation history, touch HISTORY.
6. To close the calculation history panel, touch KEYPAD. To clear the history, touch CLEAR HISTORY.
Note: To clear the results and start from the beginning, touch the Clear icon.
Access the scientific calculator if auto-rotate is disabled
If Auto-rotate is disabled, turning your smartphone on its side will produce no effect. You have to touch the Rotate icon.
Note: If you are not sure if Auto-rotate is enabled or disabled, simply look for the Rotate icon. If the icon is present, it means that Auto-rotate is disabled on your smartphone.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .