Galaxy S5 - Install or Remove the Battery and Battery Cover (SM-G900W8)
Installing the Battery
You must fully charge the battery before using your device for the first time. A discharged battery can fully recharge in about four hours.
Charging the Battery
Your device is powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery. The travel charger used to charge the battery is included with your device. Use only batteries and chargers approved by Samsung.
Although you can use the device while the battery is charging, doing so will require additional charging time.
Installing the Battery
Note: Make sure the battery is properly installed before turning on the device.
1. Gently pull the cover off the device, using the slot on the side.
2. Lift the cover up and away from the device.
3. Insert the battery into the opening on the back of the device, making sure the contacts align (1). Gently press down to secure the battery (2).
4. Replace the back cover.
5. Press along the edge of the back cover until you have a secure seal and it clicks into place.
6. Plug the USB connector into the power/accessory interface connector on the bottom of your device.
7. Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet. It may be necessary to connect the USB cable to the charging head before you can plug it into an electrical outlet. Fully charging a battery may take up to four hours.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
For Canadian customers only.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Standard messaging rates may vary by carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .