Galaxy Tab S3 - Set up a lock screen pattern (SM-T820)
When you set a pattern (draw a pattern with four or more dots) for the screen lock method, you can protect your personal information by preventing others from accessing your device. After a screen lock method is selected, the device requires an unlock code whenever unlocking it.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Set up a pattern lock screen
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Swipe to and touch Lock screen and security.
4. Touch Screen lock type.
5. If you have previously set up a different type of lock, you will be required to enter your credentials. For this example, we have to enter the PIN previously registered and then touch CONTINUE or Done.
6. Touch Pattern.
7. Create a screen unlock pattern by connecting at least four dots in vertical, horizontal, or diagonal directions. Lift your finger from the screen when finished and touch CONTINUE.
8. Draw the pattern again and touch CONFIRM.
9. Select how much notification information you want to display on the lock screen, if prompted. Then, touch DONE.
10. You will be invited to use biometrics (fingerprints). Touch LATER to set it up later.
11. Press the Power button twice to access lock screen.
12. Unlocking your device from the lock screen is a two-step process. First, swipe your finger in any direction to unlock the screen.
13. Then, draw the pattern you registered to unlock the phone.
Important: Don’t forget your pattern! Draw it down on a piece of paper or file it on another device. Otherwise, you might not be able to access your mobile device or its content. It is not mandatory to set up a lock screen. If it is not already the case, link your device to a Samsung account (it's free and you will get access to some extra free content) to be able to unlock it remotely if you forget your own pattern (but you will need to remember your Samsung ID and password).
Thank you for your feedback!