Galaxy S8 - Use face recognition security (SM-G950W)
You can register your face to unlock your phone or to verify your identity in apps such as Samsung Pay.
Important: Your phone can be unlocked by someone that looks similar to you (such as a twin). Face Recognition less secure than Pattern, PIN, Iris, or Fingerprint.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Tips for facial recognition
• Glasses, hats, masks, makeup, and beards can affect the recognition process.
• Make sure that you are in a well-lit area and that the camera lens is clean.
• For best results, make sure that your image is not blurry.
Enabling facial recognition
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Lock screen and security.
4. Touch Face Recognition.
5. Touch CONTINUE.
6. You will need to set up a lock screen before continuing. For this example, touch PIN.
7. Enter a PIN and then touch OK.
8. Re-enter the PIN and then touch OK.
9. Review the information on face recognition and then touch OK.
10. Touch CONTINUE.
11. Hold the device 8-20 inches away from your face and position your face inside the circle. Hold the position until the progress bar reaches 100%.
12. To use facial recognition, touch TURN ON.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
For Canadian customers only.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Standard messaging rates may vary by carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .