Galaxy A5 2017 - Auto restart (SM-A520W)
A smartphone can be seen as a small computer that fits in yours hands. Optimize your device by restarting it automatically at set times. Any unsaved data will be lost when the device restarts. But restarting your mobile device once a week will also free up RAM and allow your device's performance to go back to optimal.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Activate and configure auto restart
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Swipe to and touch General managment.
4. Touch Reset.
5. Touch Auto restart.
6. Touch the slider to turn Auto restart on .
7. Touch Time.
8. Set a time by swiping your finger up or down. Select AM or PM. Then, touch DONE.
9. Touch Days.
10. Select a Day. For now, it is possible to restart the device only once a week because this is sufficient for optimal performance. Your device is designed to stay on (in sleep mode or wake mode) all the time.
Note: It is, of course, possible to restart your mobile device manually, anytime, using the Power button.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
For Canadian customers only.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .