How do I use the Medium power saving mode on my Galaxy Note8?
Don’t you hate it when your battery dies right in the middle of an important call? Thankfully, your Note8 comes equipped with defenses against the dreaded “Low Battery” warning. Say sayonara to a drained battery by using the Medium power saving mode.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Medium Power Saving Mode
Note: Need your phone to last for a presentation at school tonight but have to share videos and slides with your teammates on apps this afternoon? Turn on Medium power saving mode to make sure your battery lasts. You’ll still have access to all functions in this mode.
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Device maintenance.
4. Touch Battery
5. To turn on Medium power saving mode, touch MID.
6. Touch APPLY.
Note: You can customize the Power saving mode options by touching CUSTOMIZE.
7. To turn off Medium power saving mode, navigate back to Power saving mode from settings and then touch OFF.
Make sure you’re charging your battery properly, it’s super important! Follow these tips for best results:
• Use Samsung supplied USB/charging cables and avoid third-party accessories.
• Ensure the USB/charging cable is connected securely and is not being blocked by your phone cover or case.
• Make sure the battery or charging indicator appears on the phone's display when the USB/charging cable is connected.
• Use the outlet on your wall instead of your computer for best results.
• Disconnect the phone from the USB/charging cable once the battery is fully charged.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .