How do I use the USB Connector to connect my Galaxy S7 to my previous device?
Using an USB Connector
You can easily transfer content—such as music, photos, messages, and contacts—from your previous device using the provided USB Connector and Samsung Smart Switch. Compatibility and functions may vary depending on your wireless service provider, region, configuration, or device model. You may only use Smart Switch to reproduce non-copyrighted materials or materials you have the right to reproduce. Transferring Digital Right Management (DRM) protected media is not supported.
Note #1: The USB Connector also lets you connect to a flash drive and move content between the two devices. You can also use it to connect a USB mouse or keyboard to your mobile device.
Note #2: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Transfer Content via Smart Switch
1. Connect your previous device to the microUSB end of a charging cable.
2. Connect the standard USB end of the cable to the USB Connector.
3. Connect the microUSB end of the USB Connector to your new device.
4. On the new device, touch Smart Switch .
Note: If this pop-up does not open, or it opens on the old device rather than the new one, touch Apps > Settings > Backup and reset > Open Smart Switch.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions for transferring content between the devices. Visit Smart Switch Support for additional assistance using the application.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .