How do I use the touchpad and make a selection on my Gear VR Innovator Edition for S6?
Navigation and selection with your Samsung Gear™ VR Innovator Edition for S6 can be done using the touchpad on the right side of the device or using the on-screen pointer.
Making Selections (Tapping)
1. Move your head to place the pointer on top of the desired item.
2. Tap the touchpad with your finger.
Note: When you are not wearing the Gear VR for S6, the touchpad does not work
Moving Around the screen (Swiping)
• Swipe forward across the touchpad to move to the next item.
• Swipe backward across the touchpad to view the previous item.
• Swipe downward across the touchpad to move ot the next item in a list.
• Swipe upward across the touchpad to move to the previous item in a list.
Note: Some apps may not support upward or downward swiping actions.
Moving the Pointer
The Gear VR for S6 recognizes your head movements and then translates that information as a location within your current screen environment. Some screens may not display a pointer.
• Moving your head around also changes the views and perspectives of the current screen.
• The pointer and screen views change depending on the detected location of your head.
Note: The pointer is centered in your line sight and follows your head movements.
Making a Selection
You can select items or apps by moving your head and then tapping the touchpad.
1. Move your head to place the displayed pointer onto a desired selection.
2. Tap the touchpad (on the right side of the unit).
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .