How to set up and use the altitude and barometric pressure widget on my Gear S3 Frontier?
Altimeter & barometer
The altitude and barometric pressure sensors in your Gear S3 can quickly tell you how far you are above sea level and the current atmospheric pressure. In addition to the Alti-Barometer app on your Gear S3, you can set up the Alti-Barometer widget on your Home screens.
Note: The provided information refers to the devices sold in Canada. The screens and steps shown below may vary by wireless service provider and your mobile device.
Set up altitude and barometric pressure
1. From the Watch screen, rotate the bezel to the right until you reach the Altitude and Barometric pressure widget.
2. Touch the bottom-left icon to open the altitude sensor.
3. Touch GO to calibrate the altitude sensor for the first time.
Note: Review the disclosure and touch the check mark to continue, if required.
4. Once the Altimeter is set, rotate the bezel clockwise to view the Barometer.
Note: You can recalibrate the sensor at any time by touching the Recalibrate icon at the bottom of the screen.
5. Rotate the bezel clockwise again to access the settings menu.
6. Touch CHANGE to adjust the settings.
Note: Touch the question mark for more information on how the altitude and barometric pressure are calculated.
7. In the settings menu, you can manually calibrate the altitude and sea level pressure, and change the distance and pressure units. You can also turn on pressure alerts, which will notify you when the atmospheric pressure drops more than 4 hPa in a 3-hour period.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .