Galaxy Note8 - Dust and Water Resistance (SM-N950W)
IP (Ingress Protection) is a universally accepted measure of varying degrees for dust and liquid resistance. Galaxy Note8 features an IP rating of 68, which means you can bring it with you on adventures and take comfort in knowing that you can carry on using the Galaxy Note8.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Dust and Water-Resistance Tips
Warning: The touchscreen may not be active in water.
Important: The S Pen does not need to be inserted to maintain IP68 rating.
Follow these tips carefully to prevent damage to the phone:
• Whenever your phone gets wet, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
• Do not expose the phone to salt water or ionized water. If your phone is exposed to salt water, wash the phone with fresh water, and then dry thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth. Otherwise, when it dries, salt may accumulate and block the primary microphone, earpiece, and external speaker.
• When drying off your phone, be sure to pat the earpiece (top front of the phone), primary microphone (bottom of phone), external speaker (bottom of phone), and the power/accessory (USB) interface connector with a clean, soft cloth to remove as much water as possible.
• When making a call immediately after your phone is wet, the microphone may have water in it, which may lower the volume that the other person will hear. After drying off the phone, allow the phone to air-dry before making a call.
• Physical damage to your phone such as chips and cracks can significantly reduce its ability to resist dust and water.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .