Note Edge: How do I use Geo News on my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge?
Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Geo News is a location-based service that alerts you to severe weather conditions and incidents in your area. In an urgent situation, you can call your primary contacts or send text messages with your approximate location.
Set Up Geo News
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps .
2. Touch Settings .
3. Touch Safety assistance .
4. If you have not already added primary contacts, touch Add in the Enable Safety assistance pop-up message. Follow the on-screen instructions for adding a primary contact. Touch Back to return to the Safety assistance settings.
5. Touch Geo News.
6. Touch Download.
7. Touch Free > Accept and download.
8. Press the Home key and touch Apps .
9. Touch Settings .
10. Touch Safety assistance .
11. Touch Geo News.
12. Touch the slider to turn Geo News on .
13. Review the terms and conditions, mark the checkbox to agree, and touch OK.
14. Review the information about using Geo News and touch OK.
15. If necessary, sign in to your Samsung account.
16. Mark the Geo News notification pop-ups checkbox to receive warnings as pop-ups on your Home screen.
Access Geo News
From the Home screen, swipe left until you see the Geo News widget. If you removed the widget, touch and hold the Home screen, and then touch Widgets at the bottom of the screen. Touch and hold the Geo News widget, position it on an available screen, and release it.
Touch the Geo News widget. The following is an example of the screen that displays.
Additional information about Geo News is available here.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .