Galaxy Note9 - Use Smart Lock (SM-N960W)
Your phone is so smart, it can unlock itself for you. Smart Lock automatically keeps your phone locked when it's not with you, and unlocked when your device is safe. You can choose to have Android unlock based on Bluetooth or NFC connections, trusted locations, when you're carrying your device with you, or when it recognizes your face or your voice.
Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
If you hate constantly typing in your PIN or password, use Smart Lock to keep it unlocked in certain situations, like when you’re close to home. You can even unlock with your voice.
1. Navigate to Apps, and then touch Settings.
2. Touch Lock screen.
3. Touch Smart Lock.
This option will be grayed out and unavailable if you don't have a screen lock. Set a secure screen lock to use this feature.
4. Enter your lock screen credentials.
5. If it's the first time you are using the Smart Lock feature, touch GOT IT.
6. The following options are available:
• On-body detection: Keep your phone unlocked while it is on you. Just unlock it once, and it will stay unlocked as long as you're carrying it.
• Trusted places: Add a location where the phone will stay unlocked.
• Trusted devices: Add a trusted device. Your phone will remain unlocked when it's is nearby or connected to the trusted device.
• Voice Match: Set up Voice Match. This will let the phrase "OK Google" unlock your phone.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .