Soundbar HW-E551 - Connect A Bluetooth Device (HW-E551)
Connect A Bluetooth Device
Bluetooth technology enables interconnectivity between Bluetooth compliant devices using a short wireless connection.
A few notes on Bluetooth:
• Once you turn off the Sound bar the pairing will be disconnected, and you will have to pair both devices before each use. This is a limitation of Bluetooth technology and not the Sound bar.
• Only one Bluetooth device can be paired at a time. HF (hands free) only devices are not supported.
• Be sure that device you are pairing supports the A2DP profile (check packaging or specs on device). The AVRCP profile is not supported.
• When pairing the Sound bar with a Bluetooth device be sure that the distance between both devices is less than 32ft. The further the distance between the Sound bar and the paired Bluetooth device, the more degraded the audio quality becomes.
• The Sound bar supports middle quality SBC data (up to 237kbps@48kHz), and does not support High Quality SBC data (email@example.comHz).
• Be aware that devices such as microwave ovens, wireless LAN adapters, fluorescent lights, and gas stoves, use the same frequency range as Bluetooth devices, and can cause electric interference.
You will need:
• A Bluetooth compliant device
• Sound bar PIN Code 0000
To pair your device to the Sound bar using Bluetooth, follow the steps below.
1. Power on your Sound bar and press the Sat Source button until the front display reads BT.
2. The front display will read 'WAIT' for about four seconds, and then 'READY'. This indicates the Sound bar is ready to be paired.
3. Next, go to the Bluetooth menu on the device you are connecting and search for the Sound bar. See examples below:
• If connecting to a mobile phone, go to the phone settings and look for Bluetooth. Enable the Bluetooth function and then search for Bluetooth devices in the area. When a list displays, select Samsung Home Audio to connect. Your phone will then prompt you to confirm a generated passkey, verify to pair.
• If connecting to a tab, go to the tab Settings and enable the Bluetooth function. The same menu should list an option to search for Bluetooth devices in the area. When a list displays, select Samsung Home Audio to connect. Your tab will then prompt you to confirm a generated passkey, verify to pair.
• If connecting to a PC, locate the Bluetooth settings and search for Bluetooth devices. Depending on your OS you may have to complete the Bluetooth Setup Wizard, if prompted for a PIN enter 0000.
4. Once the Sound bar and Bluetooth device have been paired you can stream music from your device to the Sound bar.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
For Canadian customers only.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .