How Do You Get Picture In Picture To Work On The SP-P4231?
The SP-P4231 is a single tuner TV. Single tuner TVs with PIP capability let you watch a television channel and another video source such as a VCR or DVD player or two video sources such as a VCR or DVD player when you set the TV to the PIP mode.
A full explanation of how to use Picture in Picture (PIP) on single tuner Samsung LCD televisions is too long for the confined space of an FAQ answer. However, there are a number of points you should be aware of if you want PIP on a single tuner LCD TV to work for you:
- A single tuner TV that has PIP capability has only one television tuner and can only tune in one TV channel at a time. Consequently, you cannot watch two television channels at the same time when you set the TV to PIP mode.
- You can watch one channel and another video source using PIP, one in the main screen and the other in the PIP window. To watch one channel and another video source, you must attach an antenna or a standard cable TV input to the Antenna jack on the TV and one or more video sources (a VCR, DVD player, PC, etc.) to the AV, S-Video, Component, D-Sub, or DVI input jacks.
- You can watch two video sources, for example, a VCR and a DVD player, at the same time using PIP. To watch two video sources, you must attach two or more video sources (a VCR, DVD player, PC, etc.) to the AV, S-Video, Component, D-Sub, or DVI input jacks.
- The choices of which combination of video sources you can use at the same time for the Main screen and the PIP window are limited. The choices you have depend upon the TV model you have. For a chart identifying the combinations that work for your TV, see your user's manual under the section titled Viewing Picture in Picture.
The SP-P4231 provides the following PIP functions:
- Selecting the PIP Screen
- Selecting An External Signal
- Swapping the PIP Image and the Main Image
- Changing the Size of the PIP Window
- Changing the Location of the PIP Image
- Changing the Channel of the Sub Picture
- Selecting a Signal Source
- Changing the PIP Channel
For instructions on these PIP functions, see your user's manual under the section titled Viewing Picture in Picture. If you don't have a user's manual, click HERE to view it on line.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .