Samsung Plasma TV - Presentation of the MHL port
Mobile High-Definition Link
Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) is an industry standard for a mobile audio/video interface that allows you to connect mobile phones, tablets and other portable (CE) devices to your TV and give you more options than just your standard HDMI connection.
To find the MHL port, simply locate your television’s secondary HDMI ports on the back or side of the unit and look for an extra appropriately named HDMI (MHL). The picture shown is for illustration purpose only.
Current Samsung TV's have version 2.1 MHL ports. This version of MHL supports:
• Up to 1080p (FHD) high-definition video and 7.1 surround sound audio
• Simultaneously playback and charging the connected device.
Both your device and TV must support the MHL feature to be able to use this. If you TV does not have an MHL HDMI port that does not mean you cannot connect an MHL device it just means that the device will need to receive external power.
Below is the full list of features offered with the use of the MHL HDMI port:
• The TV provides power to the connected device (5 V DC/500 mA with MHL 1.0, 5 V DC/900 mA with MHL 2.0)
• Uses a single, thin cable to connect the mobile device to the TV.
• The TV remote has the ability to control the connected device through HDMI-CEC (Anynet+). Although, with mixed manufacturer this function is not guaranteed.
• Streaming 1080p uncompressed HD video.
• 8 channel uncompressed audio (e.g., 7.1 surround sound).
• Supports High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
MHL was developed by the MHL Consortium, a consortium made up of leading companies in the mobile and CE space that includes Nokia, Samsung, Silicon Image, Sony, and Toshiba.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
For Canadian customers only.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Standard messaging rates may vary by carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.