Cleaning the AX40T3020 Air Purifier
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
Cleaning the Exterior
When cleaning, please be sure to turn off the air purifier and plug the power plug from the power socket on the wall.
- Do not wipe the control panel with an alkali detergent.
- Do not clean the surface of the air purifier with sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid or organic solvent (thinner, kerosene, acetone, etc.), or attach a sticker to the unit. This may damage the surface of the product.
Cleaning the Sensor
- Do not clean the sensors using volatile substances (alcohol, acetone, etc.). Use only water.
- If the dust sensor lens or the gas sensor is contaminated by a foreign substance (dust), the cleanness indicator of the air purifier may be stuck in the polluted state. In this case, clean the sensors.
- Clean the sensors at least once every 6 months. However, the cleaning period should be different depending on the operating environment and the operating time. Therefore cleaning should be more often in places with lots of dust.
- Cleanness indicator on the control panel may not change from the polluted state when the air purifier is operating in a place with heavy dust or smells that may be beyond its capability. (In this case, open the window to ventilate, or use the air purifier with appropriate capacity .)
- Do not use any spray type product near the air purifier.
- Turn off the power when cleaning the sensors. If you clean the sensors while the power is on, misdetection may occur from the sensor and the cleanness indicator may not work properly
Cleaning the Pre-Filter
If the filter clean/replacement indicator is turned on while the air purifier is operating, clean the Pre-filter.
- Clean the Pre-filter at least once every two weeks. However, since the cleaning cycle is determined by the operating environment and the operating period, clean the filter more frequently when the air purifier is operating in a dusty environment.
- When the filter is heavily contaminated with dust, it is advisable to clean the dust first with a vacuum cleaner followed by water.
Replacing the 2-in-1 filter
If the filter replacement indicator blinks, do not reuse it after washing it and replace the 2-in-1 filter immediately. If there is a strange odour coming from the 2-in-1 filter or the airflow from the air outlet becomes too weak, purchase a new 2-in-1 filter and replace the old one.
Please click here to purchase a replacement filter for your Air Purifier.
- Be sure to wear gloves before replacing the 2-in1 filter, otherwise the filter may get your hands dirty.
- Once indicator stops blinking and a ringing sound is heard, the unit will return to normal operation.