Using your Samsung Air Purifier
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences, error codes or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
To get the full benefit of your Samsung air purifier, you will need to understand what each button does and the options available so you can enjoy filtered, clean air whenever you are home or wherever the air purifier may be.
Below you will find a guide that covers what each of these buttons do.
Turning the power on or off.
Press the Power button. The air purifier turns on with a notification sound and automatically begins operation.
- The sensor preparation begins upon start-up with a display indication and continues for 12 seconds. The air quality is then indicated for 12 seconds. The air quality is then indicated by colour and the concentration level.
- Coloured air quality indicator: PM10, PM2.5 and PM1.0 levels, and gas pollution display: PM10, PM2.5 and PM1.0
Sensor loading display
- When you turn off the power and turn it back on, the product operates at the last fan speed you used.
Controlling the fan speed.
Use the button to select the intensity of air flow to purify the indoor air.
Press the Fan speed button to change between the options.
- Each time you press the button, the fan speed changes in order of Low > Auto > High > Medium > Low.
In Auto mode, the fan speed is automatically adjusted to the particle and odour levels around it to keep the room clean.
Sleep mode provides a clean, quiet and comfortable room for a good night’s sleep.
- Use Sleep mode to only allow the middle indicator and turn off all other display indicators.
- Changing the fan speed when Sleep mode has been active for 10 seconds or more will cancel the mode and the sensor loading display will appear.
- Lock feature becomes unavailable while Sleep mode is on.
- Press the Sleep mode button or Fan speed button.
Timed on/off function.
The product automatically turns off after a specified duration.
- You can select between 1 hour to 12 hours by pressing the Timed on/off button when the product is powered on. Time can be adjusted by hour.
- Timed off is scheduled 3 seconds after selecting the desired operating hours.
- Press and hold the Timed on/off button for at least 3 seconds or press the Timed on/off button to set the timer to 0.
The air quality is displayed in pleasantly dimmed colour lighting.
- It reflects the PM10, PM2.5, PM1.0 or gas pollution level, whichever is the worst.
- Colours do not apply when using the product in Sleep mode.
- Press the Lighting button.
Turning the Wi-Fi feature On/Off.
You can turn the Wi-Fi feature on or off.
- Press and hold the Sleep mode button for 3 seconds or more to turn the Wi-Fi on or off.
- To use this feature, you must first register the product on the SmartThings app. Once connected to the SmartThings app, the Wi-Fi icon will automatically light up.
Clearing the filter replacement reminder.
This feature notifies you when it is time to replace the 2-in-1 filter (Deodorisation Filter and Dust Collecting Filter).
- If you hear a beep and the filter replacement indicator lights up while the product is in use, replace the filter and press the Lighting button for 3 seconds or more to reset. The replacement reminder turns off after the Filter Change icon blinks twice with the notification sound.
- If the filter has been replaced before activation for other reasons, reset the status by pressing the Lighting button for longer than 3 seconds.
- After resetting the filter, press the Lighting button to reset this feature as well.
Note: The filter change indicator may not work properly if you continue to use old filters with replacing them or perform the reset process without the filter.
Use this feature to lock all buttons and prevent unintended button operation, especially by children.
- Press and hold the Air Quality button for 3 seconds or more to activate this feature, which locks all buttons after a beep.
- All buttons become inaccessible while the Lock feature is on.
- Press and hold the Air Quality 3 seconds or more. The feature is released after a beep.
Thank you for your feedback!