What should I do when my dishwasher displays the rinse aid indicator?
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences, error codes or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
If the Rinse aid (rinse refill) indicator is lit, it means the dishwasher is low on dishwasher rinse aid and requires a refill. Please be advised that Samsung dishwashers are designed to ONLY USE liquid rinse aid.
When the Rinse Refill indicator lights up on the control panel, refill the machine with rinse aid. The rinse aid improves the drying performance of the dishwasher. The liquid rinse is automatically added during rinsing, allowing for a clean wash without streaking.
The rinse container is located inside the dishwasher door. (It may differ between the models, please refer to your user manual for details.) Follow the guide below for steps of filling the detergent dispenser and rinse aid resevoir, checking the rinse amount, and setting the rinse aid level.
The amount of rinse used for washing can be set by adjusting the dials 1 to 6 on the rinse cap. (More detergent is used as you proceed to 6.)
- The actual design of the control panel may differ from the model that you have.
- This image is just a sample in English, but it is also available in the language of your country.
- You can check the amount of rinse aid by the color of the optical level indicator located next to the cap.
- When the rinse-aid container is full, the whole indicator will be dark.
- As the rinse aid diminishes, the size of the dark dot decreases. The rinse aid should be kept above 1/4 full.
Note: If there is no adjustable lever, please refer to the instructions in the user manual.
Rinse aid level setting
You can change the amount of rinse aid applied during a cycle.
- Samsung dishwashers are designed to use liquid rinse aid only.
- All dishwasher cycles require detergent in the detergent compartment. Add the correct amount of detergent for the selected cycle to ensure the best performance.
- Use dishwasher detergent only. Regular detergent produces too much foam, which may decrease the dishwasher’s performance or cause it to malfunction.
- Add rinse before the rinse aid leaves below 1/4.
- If the rinse dispenser cap is hard to open, use a coin.
- Keep dishwasher detergent out of the reach of children.
If you require further assistance, please consult the user manual from our Manuals & Downloads page or contact our Samsung Care Australia experts on 1300 362 603 (Toll Free in Australia). You can also contact our Chat Support team or reach us through Samsung Members Community.
We would love to know your feedback to help us improve. Please click submit to tell us what you think.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.