What is the Device Maintenance feature?
The Device maintenance feature allows you to access the device information and view its current performance in depth. You will be able to optimise the performance of your device with a single tap.
Please Note: The Device Maintenance feature is only available from Android OS Version 7.0 (Nougat) and 8.0 (Oreo).
For Galaxy devices operating on Android OS Version 9.0 (Pie), check out our page Using Device Care on my Samsung One UI device for more information. If your Galaxy device is operating on Android OS Version 5.0 (Lollipop) to Android OS Version 6.0 (Marshmallow) check out our guide About the Smart Manager feature for step-by-step instructions.
How can I use the Device maintenance feature to optimise my device?
What do each of the Device maintenance features provide?
You can view your phones current battery charge and estimated battery life along with your devices battery usage. You can also adjust your power saving modes, optimise your apps power usage and select which of your apps you would like to refrain from being put to sleep.
To view your battery usage since your phone was last fully charged, tap on Battery usage. Note: The estimated usage time remaining is based on your usage over the last 7 days.
● Past and predicted usage: A graph of the Estimated usage time remaining is available.
● Recent battery usage: The user is able to view what app / function has been using the battery.
● Power saving mode: To conserve power, you can select and customise a Power saving mode. Power saving mode can give your Mobile device a boost in it's battery life. You can select either MID or MAX if wish to enable Power saving mode. These modes can also be customised by tapping the Customise option.
● App power monitor: The App power monitor detects apps that are using the battery in the background and displays them in a list. You can extend your battery by selecting which of these apps you would like to put to sleep, either manually or automatically.
You can select a single or multiple apps and put them to sleep and view their battery usage per hour. Putting the app to sleep means that it will no longer use the battery while they are not being used.
Sleeping apps may not receive updates or send notifications to the user. However, the app will wake up automatically as soon as it has been re-opened.
● Unmonitored apps: You can select and add apps into this feature to allow them to use as much power as needed. Apps in the Unmonitored apps list will not be flagged by the App power monitor and will not have their usage optimised.
There are 4 different performance modes which you can choose from depending on your usage. These modes can be further adjusted by tapping on Customise:
● Optimised (recommended): Balance battery life and screen resolution for everyday use.
● Game: Enhances your gaming experience by making games run more smoothly. Game Launcher will be enabled, and the Game Tools floating button will appear on most apps.
● Entertainment: Enjoy your music and videos with ultra-high quality sound, enhanced images, and maximum quality settings.
● High performance: Experience the highest quality display with maximum brightness and screen resolution.
The Storage feature calculates your available storage along with the space already being used by each category.
Storage also identifies the amount of unnecessary data and allows you to free up storage space by deleting unnecessary cached, residual, and advertisement files.
Simply tap on Clean Now to free up the storage.
The Memory on your device is used to store temporary information when it's needed quickly.
Clearing the Memory on your device will close and reset running/background apps. This may help the performance of your device temporarily.
To shut down the running/background processes on your device, tap on Clean Now.
The Device security function keeps your device content safe and secure.
Device security protects your device and scans your device for any threats such as malware or viruses.
Tap on Scan Phone to conduct a diagnostic scan of your device.
Thank you for your feedback!
Did not find what you're looking for? We're here to help.
8am-10pm / 7 days a week.
Book a Mobile Product Service Request via Australia Post
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
We endeavour to respond within 24 hours.
1300 362 603
8am-8pm / Monday to Friday
For general enquires and technical support relating to all Samsung products : CLICK HERE
For all Printer related inquiries, please click here
or visit https://www.support.hp.com
Please click here
to view the latest news regarding the Samsung sale of Printer business to HP.
Search for the nearest Samsung Service Centre's in your area.