Dishwasher: Adjusting the Height of the Upper Rack
Adjusting the Height of the Upper Rack
You can adjust the height of the upper rack in your Samsung dishwasher so that the lower rack can accommodate larger sized dishes. Depending on where you set the upper rack height, the lower rack can accommodate plates up to 12 in. (30 cm) in diameter and the upper rack can accommodated plates up to 8 in. (20 cm) in diameter.
1. To lower the upper rack by 2 in. (5 cm), pull the adjust handles located at the left and right sides of the upper rack, and then push the upper rack downwards slightly at the same time.
2. To raise the upper rack, just pull the upper rack upwards. The adjuster handle will latch and the upper rack will move to the high position.
Warning: We recommend adjusting the height of the upper rack before loading dishes into the rack. If you adjust the rack after loading the dishes, you may damage the dishes. If you do not adjust with left and right handle together, the dishwasher door may not close properly. Pull out the upper rack from the tub until it is fully revealed before adjusting the upper rack.
Removing the Upper Rack (For Some Models)
You can remove the upper rack to accommodate extra large items in the bottom rack. Take care that you do not lose the holder rails during this process.
1. To remove the upper rack from the slide rail, pull the upper rack out from the tub until it is fully extended.
2. Hold down the holder rails on both sides to release the upper rack. Slide the upper rack out to the end of one holder rail, and then lift it up.
3. Repeat the steps above with the other holder rail.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .