Take the best selfies using your Galaxy phone with One UI 2
Galaxy phones are known for their amazing cameras, and the new One UI 2 update makes using the camera even easier. It has a new setup where switching between modes or settings is faster and more user friendly. Now you'll never miss an opportunity for the perfect selfie.
Information provided applies to devices sold in Canada. Available screens and settings may vary for smartphones sold in other countries.
If you want to give your selfies some extra pizzazz, use the filters in your Camera. They'll provide the right lighting or effects to make the picture really stand out. Open the Camera app and make sure the front facing camera is activated by swiping up or down on the screen or tapping the Flip Camera icon.
To use a different Camera mode such as Video or Live focus, swipe left or right. Tap the Filter icon (it looks like a magic wand) to add cool filters like Ivory. And finally, tap Capture (or the Volume keys) to take that perfect selfie.
Your phone's camera has multiple camera modes, with everything from Pro mode to Panorama. Open the Camera app, and swipe through the available modes at the bottom. You can also swipe to and tap MORE for additional modes.
Learn below about the cool camera modes your phone offers:
- Live focus video: Add filters and effects to your videos.
- Live focus: Hold your phone at arm's length for a blur effect.
- Photo: Your standard picture mode.
- Video: Capture selfie videos. You can record in HDR on some phones.
- Pro: Set the exposure, shutter speed, color tone, and ISO sensitivity manually.
- Panorama: Pack more into each shot by making vertical or horizontal panoramas.
- Food: Emphasize the vivid colors in your favorite foods.
- Night: Create brighter shots when taking photos in the dark.
- Super slow-mo: Capture the action at an incredibly fast frame rate for super slow-motion playback.
- Slow motion: Record videos at a high frame rate which can be played in slow motion.
- Hyperlapse: Capture changes that happen slowly in smooth time-lapse videos.
- Bixby vision: Provides helpful information based on what you see through the camera. This includes nearby locations, QR codes, and language translations.
- AR Emoji: Make an emoji of yourself and use stickers or filters.
Thank you for your feedback!