Gear Sport - Connect Your Watch to Your Smartphone (SM-R600)
Connection to a smartphone
Connect your Gear Sport and your phone using the Galaxy Wearable app (previously known as Samsung Gear) on your phone and get access to available functions. You can also sync up with the Samsung Health app. Talk about a dynamic duo! When connecting an existing Gear Sport to a new phone, make sure to disconnect the Gear Sport from your other phone. You can also set up your Gear Sport without a phone.
Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version. The Samsung Gear app must be downloaded on the mobile device.
Connect to Samsung Phone
If you cannot find the Gear Sport, touch MINE'S NOT HERE.
Connect to iPhone
If your Gear Sport does not show up, make sure Bluetooth on the Gear Sport is on and not currently connected to any other phones.
Set Up Without a Phone
No phone, no problem! Check out how to get your Gear Sport set up solo. But some features will not be available.
Data from the Gear Sport is not Syncing with Your Phone:
• Open the Samsung Health app on your phone. Navigate to Steps > More Options > View your step count data and then select your Gear Sport.
• Disconnect your Gear Sport from your phone: Apps > Samsung > Samsung Gear > More Options > Disconnect. Then restart both your Gear Sport and your phone.
• Make sure that the Samsung Health app is up to date.
• Clear the app cache for Galaxy Wearable (previously known as Samsung Gear) and Samsung Health.
• Clear the app data for Galaxy Wearable (previously known as Samsung Gear) and Samsung Health and then reset both devices.
The Gear Sport Stops Recording Data:
• If you stop to rest or because you got caught in traffic, the Gear Sport may pause or end your session.
• If you are in an area with weak mobile data strength, it can interfere with the process. Try disabling mobile data if this problem persists.
All Android phones running Android version 4.4 and later are compatible with the Gear Sport, although some features on non-Samsung phones will have limited compatibility. Gear Sport is compatible with iOS phones, but the Email and Samsung Pay features are not available.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .