Replacing the Water Filter of your Samsung Refrigerator
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences, error codes or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
- A newly installed filter may cause the water dispenser to spurt water briefly. This is because air has entered the waterline.
- The replacement process may cause the water dispenser to drip for a short period of time. If it drips, simply wipe up any water on the floor with a dry towel.
- Some models will not have a cartridge cover. You can simply turn the knob of the filter to unlock and remove.
• If the water filter is severely contaminated, the cartridge may not remove easily. If so, use force to remove the cartridge.
• To prevent water leaks from the filter opening, pull the cartridge straight out while removing it.
Reset by tapping any button to wake the display. Then, tap the circle icon until the Water Filter indicator blinks. Use the arrow buttons < or > to select Reset or Later (if you have replaced your filter, select Reset).