Add Free To Air Channels to a Samsung TV
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
Samsung Smart TVs can receive a digital broadcast without a set-top box - the digital tuner is built in. Adding digital TV channels to watch is a pretty simple process - check out the step by step guide below.
The http://myswitch.digitalready.gov.au/ website lets you search for your address and show you what the signal strength is like in your area, and can show you a list of available digital channels and their frequencies – so it shouldn’t be too tricky to add in any channel you might miss with Auto Tuning by using Manual Tuning.
Please Note: Before adding digital free to air channels, ensure you have a digital TV Antenna installed to receive a digital broadcast and that the Antenna Cable has been connected properly to your TV or One Connect Box.
Auto Tuning for available channels:
Please Note: The Broadcasting menu is only available when the Source is set to Live TV. The Broadcasting menu cannot be accessed while you watch TV using a cable box, satellite receiver or from inside any Smart Hub apps.
Press the Source button on your remote control to toggle to the TV input or on newer TVs select the Home button and select Source from the menu, then Live TV.
Manual Tuning for available channels:
If you find the TV will not save any channels - make sure the TV is not set to Retail or Demo Mode. Retail mode will wipe the TV settings after 5 minutes and will not save any TV channels after scanning. Follow the menu path below to check:
- 2019 RU/Q/LS Models - Settings > General> System Manager > Usage Mode > Select Home Mode
- 2018 NU/Q/LS Models - Settings > General > System Manager > Usage Mode > Select Home Mode
- 2017 M/MU/Q/LS Models - Settings > General > System Manager > Usage Mode > Select Home Mode
- 2016 K/KU/KS Models – Settings > System > Expert Settings > Usage Mode > Select Home Mode
- 2015 J/JU/JS Models - MENU > Support > Use Mode > Select Home Use
- 2014 H/HU/F Models - MENU > Support > Use Mode > Select Home Use