Removing Glass Shelves from a Samsung Fridge.
You may find that over time the glass shelves in your Samsung Fridge collects residue from various items stored in your fridge.
To maintain the crisp, clean look of your fridge, follow the steps below depending on the style of fridge you own.
For instructions on cleaning the exterior of your fridge, head over to Cleaning a Samsung Fridge.
● Always use caution when working with glass. It can break easily and/or cause injury.
● If the retainer clips are damaged they cannot be replaced individually. Then entire shelf will have to be replaced as they are part of the assembly. If the clips are broken, the shelf can still be used. However, extra care must be taken when moving the shelf to prevent dropping the glass.
● Avoid using hot water to clean the glass while it is still cold, as the glass may crack.
- To remove, slide up the front of the shelf so that it folds.
- Gently lift it up and pull out. To reinsert, place the shelf on the angled frame in the main unit, and the press down to unfold.
- Slide out the left side vegetable drawer.
- While supporting the vegetable shelf with one hand, slide it out with the other hand.
- Remove the glass shelf by pulling the shelf out as far as it will go. Then, gently lift it up and gently remove.
- Remove the vegetable and fruit drawer by pressing on the indentations found on the inside left and right sides of the veggie box cover and remove by pulling forward. Holding the drawer in one hand, lift it up a little bit while pulling it forward and take it out of the fridge.
Bottom Mount Freezer.
Top Mount Freezer.
- To remove the shelf, first open the door completely. Pull the shelf forward, lift up and then pull out.
- When reinserting the shelf, make sure the Front label of the shelf faces forward.
- Do not attempt to tilt the shelf into position.
- First remove the ice tray, and then lift up the freezer shelf to remove.
On certain models of Samsung refrigerators is the option of removing the plastic trimmings around the glass shelves. Below are the instructions on how to accomplish this.
- Once you have removed the shelves from your fridge, gently turn over the shelf and place it on a flat surface. Locate the retainer clips which is located on the back left and right side corners.
- You will then need to locate the tabs that hold the retainer clips in place, which is also located at the back corners if the shelves.
- Gently lift each of the back corners of the shelf, one at a time, then push in on the tab that is holding the clip in place.
Please note: Only push in on the side of the tab that is closest to the centre of the shelf.
- After you have removed both clips, gently raise the shelf and then separate the glass from the plastic trimming.
- Once you have completed cleaning the shelf, just repeat these instructions in reverse to put the plastic trimmings back on.