Samsung dishwasher does not work or it makes a strange noise
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences, error codes or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
Please be advised below is a general guide and is the part of the troubleshooting process that you can try yourself before contacting a technician for further support.
You can check the operation mode on power or its panel and potentially solve the problem with simple actions such as rearranging the dishes in the dishwasher and removing foreign objects.
Please double check that the power cord is plugged in properly, and that the door is closed. The dishwasher will not operate of the door is not closed completely.
Please make sure the top dish basket is properly connected to the duct nozzle. In addition, the dish basket should remain level. The duct nozzle space should be kept out of the stacked dishes.
When child lock is enabled, you cannot select a course, change options, or operate the dishwasher.
To disable, press and hold the lock button for 3 seconds to unlock the control panel button and then press the lock button on the control panel again.
Unorganized tableware in the dish basket can make a noise during a cycle. Please make sure that the bowl surface is aligned in just one direction.
• Light or small lids may get thrown around from strong streams and fall under the basket, resulting in a noise.
• When adding dishes, it is recommended to remove any type of foreign substances such as food waste and toothpicks because they can also cause noise.
• For more effective cleaning, it is recommended to place small dishes, mugs, and glass on the top and cookware such as pots and pans at the bottom.
When the drainage pump is operating at the initial stage of use, it will make a sound and it is considered normal and not a malfunction. In general, even when the dishwasher is not used frequently, the motor may make a noisy sound.
• The dishwasher must be used on a hard and level floor for safety and optimal performance.
• When installed on a soft tile, abnormal noise and vibration may occur during operation.
• Do not install on tiles or other devices.
• Avoid areas where the product may fall while it is operating.
• If the diswasher is not level, you can level it by adjusting the levelling feet.
If the problems persist, please contact an authorised service centre or contact the Samsung Care experts on 1300 362 603 (Toll Free in Australia) to request service.