What is the function of Auto Sensor in my microwave?
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences, error codes or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
*Auto Sensor Cook is applicable on the following microwave models:
ME83M-B3/SA, ME6104ST1, MS32J5133BG/SA, MS32J5133BM/SA, ME6124/ST1, ME6124W-1/XSA, ME6144ST, ME6144W/XSA, MS40J5133BT, MS40J5133BG, MC455THRCBB
The Auto Sensor* allows you to cook your food automatically by detecting the amount of moisture generated from the food while cooking.
When food is cooked, it generates many kinds of moisture. So, the Auto Sensor* will determine the proper time and power level required by detecting these moistures from the food, eliminating the need to set the cooking time and power level.
Some things to keep in mind about the Auto Sensor*:
- When you cover a container with a microwave safe cover during Sensor Cooking*, the Auto Sensor* will detect moisture generated after the container has been saturated with steam.
- Shortly before cooking ends, the remaining cooking time will begin its count down. This will be a good time for you to rotate or stir the food for even cooking if necessary
- Before Auto Sensor Cooking*, food may be seasoned with herbs, spices, or browing sauces. However, salt or sugar can cause burn spots, therefore, it is recommended to add these ingredients after cooking.
- It is NOT advised to use the auto sensor cooking feature as a continuous cooking operation (i.e. one cooking operation immediately after another).
- Install the oven in a well ventilated location for proper cooling and airflow and to ensure the sensor will operate accurately.
- To avoid poor results, do NOT use the Auto sensor when the room ambient temperature is too high or too low.
- Do NOT use volatile detergent to clean your oven. Moisture resulting from this detergent may affect the sensor.
- Avoid placing the oven near high moisture or gas emitting appliances, since this will interfere with the proper performance of the Auto Sensor.
- Always keep the inside of the oven clean. Wipe all spills with a damp cloth.
- This oven is designed for household use only.
If you require further assistance, please consult the user manual from our Manuals & Downloads page or contact our Samsung Care Australia experts on 1300 362 603 (Toll Free in Australia). You can also contact our Chat Support team or reach us through Samsung Members Community.
We would love to know your feedback to help us improve. Please click submit to tell us what you think.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.