What is the function of Auto Sensor in my microwave?
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
The Auto Sensor allows you to cook your food automatically by detecting the amount of moistures generated from the food while cooking.
- When cooking food, many kinds of moistures are generated. The Auto Sensor determines the proper time and power level by detecting these moistures from the food, eliminating the need to set the cooking time and power level.
- When you cover a container with its lid or plastic wrap during Sensor Cooking, the Auto Sensor will detect the moistures generated after the container has been saturated with steam.
- Shortly before cooking ends, the remaining cooking time will begin its count down. This will be a good time for you to rotate or stir the food for even cooking if it is necessary.
- Before auto sensor cooking food may be seasoned with herbs, spices or browning sauces. A word of caution though, salt or sugar may cause burn spots on food so these ingredients should be added after cooking.
- It is not advisable to use the auto sensor cooking feature on a continuous cooking operation, i.e. one cooking operation immediately after another.
- Install the oven in a well ventilated location for proper cooling and airflow and to ensure the sensor will operate accurately.
- To avoid poor results, do not use the Auto sensor when the room ambient temperature is too high or too low.
- Do not use volatile detergent to clean your oven. Moisture resulting from this detergent may affect the sensor.
- Avoid placing the oven near high moisture or gas emitting appliances, since this will interfere with the proper performance of the Auto Sensor.
- Always keep the inside of the oven clean. Wipe all spills with a damp cloth.
- This oven is designed for household use only.