What should I do when the fabric softener does not drain properly?
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences, error codes or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
• Make sure that the detergent is added in the centre of the detergent drawer.
• Perform the RINSE+SPIN cycle with an empty drum to remove remaining detergent.
It is recommended to clean the detergent drawer regularly, as leftover liquid detergent and fabric softener can solidfy in the drawer.
To check the screens, turn the water off with the water valves. Remove the hot* and cold water hoses from the back of the washing machine. Use wire-stripping pliers or a suitable tool to remove and clean the filter from the inlet valve. Reinstall the filter, and then connect the water hoses again.
*Hot water hoses will not be applicable to all washing machine models.
- Stop using the washing machine if there is a water leak and contact a local Samsung service centre. Otherwise, this may cause electric shock.
- Do not stretch the water hose by force. If the hose is too short, replace the hose with a longer, high-pressure hose.
- Use a standard type of water tap. If the tap is square-shaped or too big, remove the spacer ring before inserting the tap into the adaptor.
If the washing machine does not have enough water pressure, the fabric softener will not drain. Recommended water pressures can differ depending on model. To check for your specific to your washing machine by referring to your enclosed user manual. This can also be downloaded from our Manuals & Downloads page.
It is important to make sure you washing machine is levelled. If not, fabric softener residual can collect in the washing machine and clog the dispenser.
If problems persist, please contact our technical experts on 1300 362 603 for further support.
When cold water is used, detergent does not dissolve properly and will remain on your garments, hoses, and spin basket. It is recommended to use water of around at least 40°C to dissolve detergent.
Washing results do not differ with excessive amounts of detergent. It could cause damage to your garments if not rinsed properly. Please follow the suggested amount as detailed by the manufacturer of the detergent.
If problems persist, please contact our Chat Support or technical experts on 1300 362 603 for further support.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.