How to use Smart Switch to transfer from my iOS device to new Galaxy device?
Whether your old phone is an Android, iOS, BlackBerry or Windows Mobile device, upgrading to a Galaxy smartphone or tablet is done in one seamless move with Smart Switch. From your contacts to messages, your photos and videos to your music, your calendar events to your apps. Even the device settings. They're all there on your new Galaxy phone for you to pick up right where you left off.
Note: The provided information refers to the devices sold in Canada. Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
What do I need before using Smart Switch Mobile?
• Restore via iCloud: (1) Apple iCloud ID and password (if you have not backed up your data recently, it is recommended to back it up on your iOS device) and (2) Smart Switch Mobile installed on the receiving Galaxy device.
• USB OGT Cable: (1) Lightning USB cable and USB OGT connector and (2) Smart Switch Mobile installed on the receiving Galaxy device.
Method #1 - Restore via iCloud
Method #2 - Restore via an iOS device using a Lightning USB cable
Note: Open the Samsung Smart Switch app on your new Galaxy device if the app is not launched automatically. Then touch USB CABLE.
Supported iOS devices
• Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy: iOS 5.0 or above, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pin) and a USB connector
• Import from iCloud: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID
• PC/Mac transfer using iTunes: Smart Switch PC/Mac software
Content type transferred from an iOS device
• Restore from iCloud: contacts, schedule, messages, memos, photos, videos (DRM free content only), voice memos, alarms, call history, bookmarks, Wi-Fi, documents, and a list of recommended apps.
• Transfer iOS data using a USB OTG cable: contacts, schedule, messages, memos, photos, videos (DRM free content only), music (DRM free content only), voice memos, alarms, call history, bookmarks, Wi-Fi, documents, and a list of recommended apps.
Note: "DRM music" refers to music purchased through iTunes prior to 2009. As of 2009 iTunes removed DRM from music content.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .