Freeview/HbbTV Feature will not Load.
If your Freeview/HbbTV feature will not load, you may be experiencing a network connectivity issue, an issue with your TV or signal issue among other things.
To get a better idea of what is causing the problem, this page covers a lot of different options to diagnose and troubleshoot the problem.
1. Press the Home button on your remote control to bring up the Smart Hub/Eden Menu and select Settings.
2. Scroll down to Support and then select Self Diagnosis.
3. Scroll down and select Signal Information.
4. Check the Bit error level. It should be 0 BER. Bit error rate shows how many corrupt bits of data there are. The causes of the corruption are several, like a very strong signal being one of them, corrupt data due to low signal level and/or due to interface corruption of the signal, noise in the signal from bad weather or lightning, cross-modulation of the signal from high trees, hills or buildings obstructing the aerial.
5. Check the signal strength. (Should be at least 70%.)
6. Check the signal quality. (Should be at least 70%.)
1. Ensure you are in an area that receives Freeview/HbbTV. If you are in a Regional Area where your TV channels are rebroadcasted, you may not be able to receive HbbTV. If this is the case, you can utilise the broadcaster applications in Smart Hub (if available) such as 10Play, 7Plus, 9Now!, etc.
2. If you are in an area that should receive Freeview/HbbTV and the Green/Red button is being pressed and no information is displayed, please get in contact with Samsung Australia on 1300 362 603.