Remove lines on Samsung Monitor caused by intereference.
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
If you find that your Samsung Monitor has lines on the screen, this may be caused from interference from nearby electronic devices. Below are some tips on how to stop getting these lines.
- Relocate any electronic devices around your monitor. This includes radios, fans, clocks and telephones. Try to have a minimum distance of 1 metre between the monitor and electronic devices.
- If your monitor is plugged into a power board, try plugging your monitor directly into a power socket.
- Turn your monitor off and on again.
- Reset your monitor settings.
- If your monitor is already plugged into a socket, try using another socket.
- Test your monitor on another device to see if the problem persists.
- Check all cables used for your monitor. If your cable isn’t securely connected, you will have display issues.
- Try using different types of cables types. Most computers these days have VGA, HDMI and DVI ports.
- Check the refresh rate. You can do this by going to the search bar on your computer and typing in “Refresh rate” and choose ‘Advanced Display Settings’.
- You will then have an option named, ‘Display Adapter Properties’.
- From there, click on the tab title ’Monitor’ and check the refresh rate. Check your monitor user manual to see what refresh rate should be used and select that option.
If the problem is still present after going through these steps, please get in touch with our Samsung Care experts on 1300 362 603 (Toll Free in Australia) or contact our Live Chat Australia team to organise a technician to come out and diagnose further.