Galaxy A5 - Location Services and Settings (SM-A500W)
The Location settings let you choose how your mobile device will determine your location. Your device can determine your location using its built-in Global Positioning System (GPS) transmitter, Wi-Fi networks, and mobile networks. GPS is a satellite-based system that can communicate your location to applications on your device, such as Google Maps, for navigation.
Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.
Turn On Location Services
Manage Locating Method
You can choose the accuracy level of your device's locating method.
• High accuracy: This option has the highest level of accuracy, using GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile data networks interchangeably to estimate your location. Data charges may apply when using this option.
• Power saving: This option uses only Wi-Fi and mobile data networks to estimate your location. Data charges may apply when using this option.
• GPS only: This option uses only the GPS network to estimate your location.
Manage Recent Location Requests
Your device tells you which applications request access to your location.
Use Location Services
Your device uses information from Wi-Fi or mobile data networks (or both) to help calculate your position. This lets Google use its location services to estimate your location and improve search results and other services.
If your device is not accurately detecting your location, or you cannot acquire a signal:
• Ensure that Location services are turned on.
• Select GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks or High accuracy as your Locating method.
• Ensure that your GPS receiver has clear access to the sky.
• Keep your device still until it detects your location.
• Turn Location services off and then back on.
• Ensure you are not using a third-party case or cover that could be hindering the GPS signal.
• Restart your device.
GPS signals may be affected by your surroundings, including:
• Tunnels or underground structures
• Weather conditions
• High-voltage or electromagnetic fields
• Tinted windows
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .