Galaxy Note8: How do I use Smart capture on my Samsung Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950W)?
Ever feel like something’s missing on the screenshot you just took? Smart capture lets you capture an image of any scrollable areas of the screen that are currently hidden and crop and share the screenshot immediately. Aha! There it is.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Turn On Smart Capture
Find what is hidden in plain view by turning on Smart capture. Just follow three simple steps:
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Advanced features.
4. Touch Smart capture.
5. To turn on Smart capture, touch the slider:
Smart Capture Options
Note: Want more choices? Try customizing Smart capture options like draw, crop and share. You can even use Bixby Vision to identify famous landmarks and translate languages for you. Read on to learn about Smart capture options.
1. Navigate to the screen you want to capture.
2. To take the screenshot, press the Power and Volume down keys simultaneously.
Note: You can also palm swipe to capture if you have Palm swipe to capture turned on.
3. Touch the desired Smart capture option:
• Bixby Vision: Identify landmarks, translate foreign languages, and shop for products online. The option will vary depending on the image.
• Scroll capture: Capture hidden areas of the screen.
• Draw: Draw on the screenshot.
• Crop: Crop the screenshot.
• Share: Share the screenshot.
Note: Smart capture options disappear after approximately 3 seconds.
4. To view the captured screen, touch the displayed screenshot.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .