Galaxy Note8 - Smart capture (SM-N950W)
Ever feel like something’s missing on the screenshot you just took? Smart capture lets you capture an image of any scrollable areas of the screen that are currently hidden and crop and share the screenshot immediately. Aha! There it is.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Turn on smart capture
Find what is hidden in plain view by turning on Smart capture. Just follow three simple steps:
1. From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Touch Advanced features.
4. Touch Smart capture.
5. To turn on Smart capture, touch the slider:
Smart capture options
Note: Want more choices? Try customizing Smart capture options like draw, crop and share. You can even use Bixby Vision to identify famous landmarks and translate languages for you. Read on to learn about Smart capture options.
1. Navigate to the screen you want to capture.
2. To take the screenshot, press the Power and Volume down keys simultaneously.
Note: You can also palm swipe to capture if you have Palm swipe to capture turned on.
3. Touch the desired Smart capture option:
• Bixby Vision: Identify landmarks, translate foreign languages, and shop for products online. The option will vary depending on the image.
• Scroll capture: Capture hidden areas of the screen.
• Draw: Draw on the screenshot.
• Crop: Crop the screenshot.
• Share: Share the screenshot.
Note: Smart capture options disappear after approximately 3 seconds.
4. To view the captured screen, touch the displayed screenshot.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.