Galaxy S8: How do I add a widget on the home screen of my Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950W)?
Widgets are programs that are always active on your Home screen. Some of the most common widgets used are weather updates, event calendars, and Google Search. To save yourself some time, add your favorite widgets to the Home screen of your phone.
Note: Screens and settings available may vary depending on your Canadian wireless service provider and your software version.
Adding a widget
1. From the Home screen, touch and hold an empty area.
2. Touch Widgets.
3. Swipe left or right to access all available widgets. Touch and hold the desired widget.
4. Drag the widget to the desired location and then release.
Note: If there is not enough space for the widget on the current Home screen, the widget will be placed on a new Home screen.
5. If the widget is resizable, you will see a frame around the widget. To adjust the size of the widget, touch and drag the edges of the frame.
6. To exit the edit mode, touch anywhere outside the widget.
7. To move the widget, touch and hold the widget, and then drag it to a new location.
Removing a widget
1. Touch and hold the widget you want to remove from a Home screen.
2. Touch Remove.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .