How Do I Check The Firmware Version Currently Installed On My Player?
There are two ways to check which Firmware your player is running, both methods are covered below.
Checking the Firmware Version Using the Blu-ray Menu
1. Power on you Blu-ray player and wait for the home menu to display.
2. Press the Menu button on your Blu-ray remote.
3. Using the top or bottom arrows select DISC and then press enter.
4. Using the top or bottom arrows select Setup and then press enter.
5. Using the top or bottom arrows select System and then press enter.
6. Using the top or bottom arrows select System Information and then press enter. The Firmware version will be listed to the right of S/W.
Checking Firmware Using the Remote
1. Power on the Blu-ray player and wait for the home menu to display.
2. Press the Open/Close button on the Blu-ray remote and wait for the disc tray to eject.
3. Press and hold the Info button on the Blu-ray remote until the information screen displays.
4. The Firmware version is displayed to the right of S/W. Press the Eject button to close the disc tray and exit the System Version screen.
Where to Obtain Firmware Updates
samsung.com/support lists current firmware available for your player and provides steps for updating your firmware either by USB or CD. You must enter your model number or select model by category to view your player's specific firmware.
When the available downloads are displayed, select the 'Firmware' tab to view all updates. Clicking on the description link displays update history and what each update included.
The easiest and fastest way to check for Firmware updates is to connect the player to your wired or wireless network and then go to Setup> System>System Update. If Firmware is available, follow the on screen prompts to download and update. If an error is displayed, the server may be busy try again later, or go to samsung.com/support to update Firmware via USB or CD.
What if I Just Want a Firmware Disc Sent to Me?
If you'd like a Firmware disc sent to you, click here to speak to a live chat agent. Be sure to have your full model code ready (located on the back of the player) and a shipping address so that one can be sent to you at no charge. Your model number will begin with BD-P.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .