Samsung TV - Disabled or Grayed Out Menu Setting
If a menu setting is grayed out, this does not indicate that something is wrong with your TV. It’s because certain conditions for those settings are not being met. For example, if your TV is not connected to the internet, the settings for Software Update or Contact Support will be grayed out, since these require an active internet connection. It is aways a good idea to keep your firmware up to date. See below for some examples of settings or conditions that will disable additional settings.
The provided information refers to TVs sold in Canada. The available settings and options may differ for devices sold in other countries.
- If Picture Mode is grayed out, HDR + is enabled.
- If Auto Program is grayed out, there is no coaxial cable connected to the TV.
- If Game Mode is grayed out, there is no Game Console connected to the TV.
- If Film Mode is grayed out, the input signal is not TV, AV, Component (480i or 1080i), or HDMI (1080i).
- If Software Update is grayed out, the TV is not connected to Internet.
- If Contact Support is grayed out, the TV is not connected to Internet.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.
Standard charges may apply
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .