How do I pair and set up my Galaxy Buds?
Galaxy Buds are wireless earbuds that allow you to listen to music and answer calls no matter what you're doing. Once your Galaxy Buds have been set up and paired, all you need to do is open the charging case and your devices will automatically connect.
Please note: Galaxy Buds are not designed for use in high traffic areas. Doing so may result in accidents due to reduced reaction times
Getting the right fit
To get the best sound and listening experience from your Galaxy Buds, you will need to select the right sized ear tips and wing tips for your ears.
Please note: do not put the earbuds in your ears without ear tips and wing tips. Doing so may hurt your ears
Please note: don't pull at the ear tips excessively when they are being attached or detached as they may tear
Please note: don't pull at the ear wings excessively when they are being attached or detached as they may tear
Pairing your Galaxy Buds
All Bluetooth devices need to pair before they can connect and transfer information. On an Android device, the SmartThings and Galaxy Wearable apps make it quick and easy to connect your devices. On other devices you will need to pair your Galaxy Buds manually. Once your devices are paired they will remember the connection and connect automatically the next time they are used.
Please note: the following instructions are for Samsung mobile devices running Android 7.1.1 or later that have SmartThings installed. Update your device and SmartThings to the latest version before connecting
The earbuds will automatically enter pairing mode and a pop-up window will appear on your device.
Once your Galaxy Buds have been connected, they will automatically try and connect to your device everytime you open the charging case while the earbuds are inside.
Please note: the Galaxy Wearable app is only compatible with devices running Android 5.0 or later with 1.5 GB or more of RAM
The earbuds will automatically enter pairing mode.
The earbuds will enter Blutooth pairing mode. You will hear a sound
Please note: the location of your Bluetooth settings and the steps to pair a new device will differ depending on your device. Please refer to your device instructions for more details
- If your Galaxy Buds don't pair within three minutes after the charging case has been opened, they will stop actively pairing. Close and then reopen the case to begin pairing again
- To avoid any issues connecting your earbuds, your devices should be placed close to each other
- Your earbuds should be kept within Bluetooth connection range (10 metres) of your device. This distance may differ depending on where you are using your devices
- Make sure that there isn't anything between the earbuds and connected device. This includes human bodies, walls, corners and fences
- Do not touch the Bluetooth antenna of a connected device
- Bluetooth uses the same frequency as some industrial, scientific, medical and low power products. Interference may occur when using your device near these products
- Some devices that have not been tested or approved by the Bluetooth SIG (Special Interest Group) may not be compatible with the earbuds
Charging your Galaxy Buds
Your Galaxy Buds have a fantastic six hours of battery life, which is boosted by an additional seven hours of charge in the charging case. The charging case has an in-built wireless charging coil, so you can charge with a cable, wirelessly or with a compatible S10 device.
Please note: your earbuds should be fully charged before using for the first time. When the battery has been fully discharged, it needs at least 10 minutes of charge before it will work.
Please note: if your charging case has battery, it will begin charging your earbuds without needing to be plugged into a socket
Please note: take care when connecting the USB cable to the charging case as improper connections can cause serious damage
The batteries of both the earbuds and the charging case will be charged at the same time.
If you have a wireless charging pad or a device that can function as a wireless charger, you don't need any cables to charge your Galaxy buds.
Please note: if your charging case has battery it will begin charging your earbuds without needing a wireless charging device
Please note: the location of the wireless charging coil may differ depending on the device you are using. Adjust the device and charging case until there is a strong connection
Lights on the charging case show the battery and charging status of your earbuds and case. The earbud's battery indicator light is inside the charging case, between your earbuds. The charging case's battery indicator light is on the front of the charging case.
- Continuously red - Charging
- Continuously green - Fully charged
- Flashes red - Charging block because of abnormal temperatres
- Continuously red - Charging
- Continuously green - Fully charged
- Flashes red (fast pace) - Charging blocked because of abnormal temperatures
- Flashes red (slow pace) - Low battery
- Red (stays on for five seconds) - Battery power is lower than 30%
- Yellow (stays on for five seconds) - Battery power is between 30% and 60%
- Green (stays on for five seconds) - Battery power is higher than 60%
- If there is sweat or liquid on the charging contacts, your Galaxy Buds may get corroded. Make sure your buds are clean before placing into the charging case
- Connecting the charging case to anything other than a socket, like a computer, may result in a slower charging speed
- The earbuds and charging case may heat up while charging. This is normal and will not affect the performance of the earbuds
- Avoid bending the USB cable. Doing so could damage the cable and reduce its lifespan. Never use a damaged USB cable
- To save energy, unplug the charger when not in use
- You cannot use the earbuds' wireless features while charging the battery
- Only use Samsung-approved chargers and cables. Unapproved chargers or cables can damage the Galaxy Buds or cause the battery to explode
How do I use touch controls?
While using your Galaxy Buds, you can use the touchpad controls to control your music and calls without needing to touch your phone. The touchpad controls differ depending on what you are using your Galaxy Buds for.
Play or pause a track: single tap
Play the next track: double tap
Play the previous track: triple tap within the first 3 seconds after a track starts
Restart the current track: triple tap at least 3 seconds after a track starts
Answer an incoming call: double tap
Decline an incoming call: tap and hold
End a call: double tap
Turn the microphone on or off during a call: tap and hold
Place the current call on hold and answer a second incoming call: double tap
Switching between the current call and the held call: double tap
Retrieve a held call after your current call ends: tap and hold
Please note: to avoid hurting your ears, do not apply excessive pressure to the touchpad. Avoid tapping the touchpad with anything sharp to prevent damage
If you're experiencing unusual behaviour on Samsung mobiles, tablets or wearables, you can send us an error report or ask us a question in the Samsung Members app.
This allows us to take a closer look at what is happening. The data is anonymised and only held for the duration of the investigation. Find out more about sending an error report through the Samsung Members app.