SAMSUNG TRY NOW, PAY LATER TERMS
These Samsung Try Now, Pay Later Terms (“Terms”) are an agreement between you and Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (“Samsung”). Read these Terms carefully before making your purchase. By participating in the Try Now, Pay Later Program, you accept and are bound by these Terms.
Subject to these Terms, you may try an eligible device (S21, select Galaxy Watches, select TV’s, and select Soundbars) (“Trial Device”) without an upfront payment. This Try Now, Pay Later Program is only available via Samsung’s website at www.samsung.com or through the Shop Samsung App (the “App”). If you select the Pay Later option for your selected Try Now, Pay Later Device, then, if you decide you do not want to keep your Trial Device, you must initiate a return within twenty-one (21) days of receiving your Trial Device (“Trial Period”) unless Samsung has specified otherwise. The Trial Device must be returned in like-new condition, meaning that it powers on, is not damaged, scratched, cracked or missing components or accessories.
2. Apply for an Installment Loan with Affirm.
In order to take advantage of Try Now Pay Later, you must use an installment loan product offered by Affirm. The terms of the installment loan product displayed at checkout are between you and Affirm. In certain circumstances you may receive a statement from Affirm billing you for the first installment, but as long as you send us the Trial Device during the Trial Period in accordance with these Terms, then you will not have any payment obligations to Affirm. If you have made any payments to Affirm, the amount you have paid will be refunded to you.
3. Remove Your Data Before Returning Device.
If you decide to return your Trial Device, you must remove all data, including all confidential and personal data, from your Trial Device before returning it to Samsung. To do so, you should return the device to its factory settings within the settings menu of the device. It is your sole responsibility to back-up any files or data from your Trial Device that you wish to retain prior to performing a factory data reset and before returning your Trial Device. Samsung does not accept any responsibility or liability for any lost files or data or disclosure of private information that has not been removed from your Trial Device prior to return. Refer to the user manual or support page on Samsung’s website for how to do a factory reset on your Trial Device. In addition, make sure that you remove all accessories, covers, cases, password-locks, SIM cards and memory cards before sending the device to Samsung. Any such items sent with your Trial Device will not be returned.
4. Ship Us Your Try Now, Pay Later Device
Samsung will provide a shipping label and instructions if you decide to return your Try Now, Pay Later Device. You must follow the instructions Samsung provides, including using any traceable shipment method required by Samsung. If you lose or discard the shipping label, please contact us. Your Try Now, Pay Later Device must be shipped to Samsung within twenty-one (21) days after the date you receive your Try Now, Pay Later Device. Samsung will consider your Try Now, Pay Later Device received as of the date you give it to Samsung’s authorized shipping provider with the prepaid return label Samsung sent you. In certain circumstances you may receive a statement from Affirm billing you for the first installment, but as long as you send us the Trial Device during the Trial Period in accordance with these Terms, then you will not have any payment obligations to Affirm. If you have made any payments to Affirm, the amount you have paid will be refunded to you.
5. End-Users Only
The Samsung Try Now, Pay Later Program is only available to consumers who will use their New Samsung Product for personal, household, family, or bona fide business end use. Accordingly, you (i) acknowledge that New Samsung Products purchased through the Samsung Try Now, Pay Later Program are not intended for resale, (ii) represent that you are not purchasing New Samsung Products with the intention of reselling such New Samsung Products, and (iii) represent that you are not acting on behalf of any person or entity that intends to resell New Samsung Products you purchase. If Samsung reasonably determines that you are in the business of reselling New Samsung Products, then, in addition to any other remedies available (including our right to refuse to ship to you and cancel your participation in the Try Now, Pay Later Program), you will be charged by Samsung for the full amount of any Try Now, Pay Later Value or other promotional value that was applied to the purchase of your New Samsung Product or granted to you subsequent to the purchase, plus applicable taxes. If you do not have sufficient credit available, Samsung will notify you and you must provide an alternative payment method.
6. Miscellaneous Additional Terms
• The Try Now, Pay Later Program is offered and administered by Samsung.
• You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to participate in the Try Now, Pay Later Program.
• The Try Now, Pay Later Program cannot be combined with any other promotions, discounts, or offers unless specifically provided for in the terms and conditions of such offers.
• If any provision (or part of any provision) of these Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these Terms and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
• Samsung reserves the right to substitute, change, cancel or add to any part of these Terms at any time, including terminating the Try Now, Pay Later Program or modifying these Terms.
• We reserve the right to decline or cancel your participation in the Try Now, Pay Later Program, with or without advance notice, if we believe that your participation is enabling a fraudulent or illegal purpose.
• The Try Now, Pay Later Program is available only to customers residing in the fifty U.S. states and the District of Columbia and is not available in other locations.
• Try Now, Pay Later Program eligibility is non-transferrable to any other person or entity.
Version Date: 4/30/2021