Our approach to privacy
Whether you are using our phones, watching our TVs, paying for goods with our digital wallet, measuring your fitness with our apps, or making your home smarter, we strive to provide you a seamless experience. In order to deliver these experiences in a way that adds value to you, there are often times when Samsung seeks to collect data about your use of our products and services.
At Samsung, we recognize the importance you place on the value of your privacy and we want you to know that we do, too. To better customize your experience, when you use Samsung products and services, we may ask you to provide information about who you are, how you use your device, and what interests you, such as the websites, apps, TV shows and online content you like. We also recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and information. Our products and services are designed with privacy and security at top of mind. Let us tell you a bit more about how.
• Galaxy Phones & Privacy: our phones have many features designed to protect your data should your phone be lost, stolen or used without your permission. Features such as fingerprint, facial and iris authentication are designed to ensure that you, and only you, can access and use your phone.
• Knox & Privacy: the protection of your personal data is supported by industry-leading security. Samsung has developed a defense-grade security solution called Knox that is built into the architecture of our devices. Data that you store in Knox is protected by one of the highest levels of encryption currently available. This technology is not just for mobile devices, but can also be used to help secure information traveling through connected devices in the world of the Internet of Things (IoT).
• Payments & Privacy: our digital wallet, Samsung Pay, incorporates a technology called tokenization that securely stores your payment card data for use in payment transactions with Samsung Pay. To learn more, please see the Samsung Pay Privacy Notice.
• Appliances & Privacy: connected appliances, such as our Family Hub refrigerators, use information you provide to enable features such as calendar sharing and shopping lists. These devices also feature services that allow you to order products through third parties. The data you provide is secured with industry-standard encryption to help protect your information.
• Samsung Ads & Privacy: we aim to provide you with advertisements that are customized to your interests. We also provide you with the option to limit the types of ads you receive and we respect the choices you make. To learn more, please see the Samsung Ads Privacy Notice.