980 PRO w/ Heatsink PCIe® 4.0 NVMe® SSD 1TB
- Images must be in BMP, PNG, GIF or JPEG format.
- File size must be 5 MB or less.
- Image must be at least 100 pixels tall.
- Image must be at least 100 pixels wide.
- It contains copyrighted media (and you don't hold the copyright)
- It contains media not related to the product
We may not publish your review if:
- It contains copyrighted media (an you don't hold the copyright)
- It contains media not related to the product
- • True PCIe® 4.0 NVMe™ speed (up to 7,000 MB/s for seq. reads, 5,100MB/s for seq. writes)
• Ideal for heavy computing, high resolution graphics and PC gaming.
• For console gaming, compatible only with Playstation® 5.
Get it by Dec. 6
Get Stock Alerts
May we send you an alert when this product is available?
Learn how trade-in works
- It starts up to the home screen and functions normally.
- Any software locks will be disabled, accounts will be removed and it will be factory reset before you ship it.
- The screen, body and camera lenses are free of cracks. We also accept devices with cracked screens at reduced value.
- The device is not on a banned list. You will include the charger or charger case, if applicable.
Trade-in your device
Get a Trade-in credit.
Please have your old TV ready for our delivery partner to pick up. They cannot unmount or disconnect your TV.
Log in now to earn up to 1.5%
back in Samsung Rewards Points
Finding the perfect fit can be a challenge. Now you can shop worry-free unlike ever before.
- Buy now by paying in full or with unbeatable Samsung Financing.
- Try out your purchase for up to 100 days, risk-free.
- Then, keep it or return it and get a full refund.
Buying online has never been easier or safer
Free shipping on most items
Exclusive business savings
with maximum heat control
Unleash the power of the Samsung 980 PRO with Heatsink for next-level computing and gaming. With a PCIe® 4.0 NVMe™ interface, get up to 2x the data transfer rate of PCIe® 3.0* while remaining compatible with PCIe® 3.0.
The integrated heatsink disperses heat to maintain speed, power efficiency, and thermal control, preventing downtime from overheating on Playstation® 5 and PCs.
Get read speeds up to 7,000 MB/s¹ with 980 PRO with Heatsink and push the limits of what SSDs can do. Powered by an in-house controller designed to harmonize the flash memory components and the interface for top speed – with a PCIe® 4.0² interface that’s 2x faster than PCIe® 3.0 SSDs³ and 12x faster than Samsung SATA SSDs⁴ – every component of this NVMe™ SSD is manufactured by Samsung for
performance that lasts.
A winning combination
The 980 PRO with Heatsink delivers an additional layer
of thermal control for smart heat management to reduce heat. Achieve fully immersive gameplay with sustained high-performance bandwidth and throughput for heavy-duty applications in gaming, graphics, data analytics, and more. Load games fast, so you can play more and wait less.
Smart thermal control
High-performance SSDs require high-performance thermal control. The 980 PRO with Heatsink uses Samsung's own nickel-coated high-end controller to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip. With the added heatsink, play confidently on PlayStation®5 gaming consoles and PC systems without worries of sudden performance drops from overheating.
A Perfect Fit for PlayStation®5
The 980 PRO with Heatsink has a thin 8.6mm housing, which perfectly fits the PlayStation®5. Its slim size and optimized power efficiency are also ideal for building high-performance PC computing and gaming systems.
Samsung Magician software
Unlock the full potential of 980 PRO with Samsung Magician's advanced, yet intuitive optimization tools. Monitor drive health, optimize performance, protect valuable data, and receive important updates with Magician to ensure you're always getting the best performance out of your SSD.
980 PRO with Heatsink PCIe® 4.0 NVMe™ SSD
PC & Playstation® 5
AES 256-bit (SED), TCG V2.0, Encrypted Drive (IEEE1667)
PCIe Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3c
Client PCs, Game Consoles
1,000GB (1GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
Sequential Read Speed
Up to 7,000 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
Sequential Write Speed
Up to 5,000 MB/s * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
980 PRO is backward compatible with PCIe 3.0. Sequential performances (up to): 3450 MB/s (1TB), 3470 MB/s (2TB) for writes. Random (up to): 690K IOPS (1TB), 680K IOPS (2TB) for reads, 660K IOPS (1TB), 630K IOPS (2TB) for writes.
Samsung 1GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
GC (Garbage Collection)
Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
Device Sleep Mode Support
Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
Average Power Consumption (system level)
*Average: 6.2 W*Maximum: 8.9 W (Burst mode)* Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
Power consumption (Idle)
Max. 35 mW * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
M.2 (2280) with Heatsink complying PCI-SIG® D8 standard
Dimensions (W x H x D)
24 x 80 x 8.6 mm (with heatsink)
* Limited warranty up to 5 years or up to the TBW for each capacity ***For more information on the warranty, please visit www.samsung.com/support
Global Download Center
SAMSUNG assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable, in connection with whether any such products or services will be appropriate, functional or supported for the SAMSUNG products or services available in your location.
How to register a Samsung product with your Samsung account
Get your Samsung device ready for service
Price, Promotion, Processing: Pricing, delivery date and other errors may be withdrawn or revised and/or your order may be cancelled at any time, without prior notice, before we have both (a) shipped or provided access to your product or service, and (b) received your payment for the product or service. All sales on Samsung.com are subject to the full Terms of Sale. Samsung is not responsible for any errors, omissions or misdirected or lost orders, or orders which may be delayed. Samsung reserves the right to modify pricing and modify or cancel promotions at any time, without prior notice.