How to take a screenshot
Learn the different ways you can take a screenshot using your Galaxy S9 or S9+
Option 1 - Using Smart Select
- Swipe the small white bar found along the right-side of the screen (you may need to swipe twice for Smart Select to appear).
- Select the shape you would like to use to capture. For example, rectangle.
- A gridded box will appear on the screen. Use your finger to resize it.
- Select Done and then Save.
- You can view your screenshot in Gallery.
Option 2 - Using Palm Swipe
- To take a screenshot using Palm Swipe, simply swipe the edge of your hand across the surface of the screen.
- Your phone will quickly flash and vibrate to confirm a screenshot has been taken.
Option 3 - Using the Volume Down & Power buttons
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power button at the same time.
- You'll hear the sound of a camera shutter and notice a quick flash on the screen.
Option 4 - Using Bixby
- Hold down the Bixby button, found on the left side of your phone, or if you have already activated Bixby Voice Activation say “Hi Bixby”.
- Then say “Take screenshot”.
Images simulated for illustrative purposes. Accuracy of Intelligent Scan may differ depending on surrounding conditions.