People - finding, hiring and developing diverse talent.
• Expanding the use of software to ensure gender neutral language in our comms;
• Educating our hiring managers through ‘Conducting Great Interviews’ sessions, with a focus on balanced interviews;
• Partnering with sites such as workingmums.co.uk and workingdads.co.uk;
• Hiring and developing the right people into the right roles;
• We have a 50/50 gender split in our Emerging Talent (Graduate & Placement) Programme;
• Seeking opportunities for our colleagues to learn from others externally through industry conferences & inspirational speaker events.
Equality@Samsung - with a focus on equality, diversity & inclusion.
• A steering group of volunteers to champion change & challenge processes and approaches;
• Deliver ‘Unconscious Bias’ training to every colleague;
• Create further opportunities for our role models to inspire & nurture others, through mentoring programmes;
• Promote cultural days of significance and events throughout the year.
Early Talent - outreach programmes for boys & girls to build the future of STEM.
• Code Camp - subsidised on-site coding courses for our Samsung family aged 6-13;
• Bit-Code training - free teaching in energy & coding platforms, including a learning environment to support teachers to deliver block editor coding to children, in over 25 schools;
• Science Museum Group partnership - including a national tour of Tim Peake’s Spacecraft & Samsung Space Descent Bus (2017-19), sparking curiosity in over 10,000 young people in 60+ schools across the UK;
• Inspiring career - speaking at schools & colleges about careers in tech, and Life@Samsung.