Connecting the Water Line on Your Family Hub Refrigerator
Your Family Hub refrigerator can provide you with refreshing ice and water all year long... as long as it's connected to a water supply line. So making the proper connection is a crucial.
Connecting the Water Line
For proper operation, your refrigerator needs to be properly connected. There are a few things you need to make sure of while installing the water line, so please pay close attention!
• The water line is also connected to the ice maker. For the ice maker to operate properly, a water pressure of 20-125 psi is required. If the refrigerator is installed in an area with low water pressure (below 20 psi), you can install a booster pump to compensate for the low pressure.
• Water line installation kits are available at extra cost from your retailer. We recommend using a water line installation kit that contains copper tubing and a 6 mm (1/4") compression nut.
• Use the new hose-sets supplied with the appliance only. Do not re-use an old hose set.
Shut off the main water source and then insert the pipe clamp (B) and the shut off valve (C) into the cold water line (A).
Connect the water line installation kit (A) to the shut off valve (B).
To prevent any leaks, double check all connections.
Connecting the Water Supply Line to the Refrigerator
• Only connect the water line to a potable water source.
• If you have to repair or disassemble the water line, cut off 1/4“ of the plastic tubing to make sure you get a snug, leak-free connection.
• You can test the water line quickly using a paper cup. Under normal conditions, the water dispenser can fill 3/4 cup in about 10 seconds.
• If you use plastic tubing, (A) do not use it without the molded end (Bulb).
There are several items you must purchase to complete this connection. You may find these items sold as a kit at your local hardware store.
|B. Household Water Supply Line|
|01 Compression Nut (1/4”) (Assembled)|
|02 Ferrule (Not supplied)|
|03 Copper Tubing (Not supplied)|
|04 Plastic Tubing (Assembled)|
|05 Compression Fitting (Assembled)|
|06 Molded End (Bulb)|
|07 Compression Nut (B) (1/4”) (Not supplied)|
|08 Plastic Tubing (A) (Not supplied)|
Connect the household water line to the assembled compression fitting. If you are using copper tubing, slip the 07 Compression nut (B) (not supplied) and 02 Ferrule (not supplied) on the copper tubing (not supplied) as shown. If you are using 08 Plastic Tubing (A), insert the 06 Molded End (Bulb) of the 08 Plastic Tubing (A) into the compression fitting.
Tighten the 07 Compression nut (B) onto the compression fitting. Do not over-tighten the 07 Compression nut (B).
Turn the water on and check for any leakage. If you find water drops or leakage in the connection areas, turn off the main water supply. Check the connections, and tighten when necessary.
Other answers that might help
How would you like to contact us?
Chat with us
Live Chat support with a Samsung Care Pro.
Help with your order
Send us your inquiry and we will respond within 24 hours.