Note S Pen Artwork Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering this competition (the “Competition”) you (the “Participant”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Competition on the Community webpage form part of these Terms and Conditions.
1. The Promoter of this Competition is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS.
2. This Competition is open to UK, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and ROI residents aged 18 or over with a valid Samsung Members account and valid Samsung Community account only.
3. Employees or agents of the Promoter or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone professionally connected to this Competition are not eligible to enter.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter.
5. The Competition will open at 10:00am (BST) on 3 October 2019 and close at 10:00am (GMT) on 31 October 2019 (“the Competition Period”).
6. There is one (1) prize available to be won in total, consisting of a Harman Kardon Onyx Speaker (the “Prize”)
7. The Prize carries no cash value, is non-transferable and may not be substituted by the winner. The Promoter may substitute a Prize of equal or greater value for any Prize.
8. To enter the Competition, Participants must submit their designs on Samsung Community UK via https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Wow-us-with-your-S-Pen-creations/con-p/seuk-spen-2, use the submission title ‘S Pen Artwork Challenge’ and include the hashtags #Note #SPen #SamsungMembersUK (an “Entry”).
9. Participants must provide their name, contact number and all other requested information at the time of Entry.
10. Participants may only Enter the Competition five (5) times. If more entries are received, all additional Entries will be disregarded.
11. The criteria for determining the winning Entry is the design which shows the most creativity, innovation and skill (the “Winning Criteria”).
12. Any text, videos, images or any other content (the “Content”) which are submitted by the Participant as part of the Entry must adhere strictly to the following content guidelines (the “Content Guidelines”) for the Competition:
a) The Content must not display the image or likeness of any person or any information about any person unless the Participant has obtained that person’s permission.
b) The Content must not display any cruelty to any animal or person.
c) The Content must not infringe any third party intellectual property.
d) The Content must not infringe the rights of, or be defamatory or libellous about, any person.
e) The Content must be suitable for a person of any age to view and must fully comply with the law and all regulations.
f) The Content must not contain or display any words or images which are considered, at the Promoter’s sole discretion, to be offensive, sexually explicit, rude, disparaging or otherwise inappropriate.
13. FOR SAFETY REASONS it is important that Participants do not include or reveal any personal information (e.g. name, contact details, etc) in any Content.
14. Entries containing any Content that does not comply with the Content Guidelines will not be entered into the Competition and the associated submission will be deemed invalid.
15. Entries that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of Entries.
16. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Entries which it considers do not comply with these terms and conditions or any Participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Competition.
17. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a Participant.
18. Entries must be made by the Participant, and must not be made through agents or third parties.
19. Fully completed Entries must be received no later than the end of the Competition Period. Entries received after the Competition Period will not be eligible for Entry.
20. Following the end of the Competition Period, all Entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges compromised of employees or agents of the Promoter and at least one independent judge. The panel of judges shall review all Entries received by the Promoter at the end of the Competition Period to determine the one (1) Entry which best meets the Winning Criteria.
21. The decision of the judges shall be final. No correspondence or negotiation will be entered into by the Promoter concerning either the decision or the result.
22. The winner will be notified using the email address provided at the time of Entry. The winners will have five (5) days from the date the notification was sent to claim their Prize by responding to the Promoter’s email (a “Claim”).
23. In the event that a winner or substitute winner is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to Claim the Prize in the time required, the winner or substitute winner shall forfeit their Prize and it will be awarded to the next Participant selected in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Use of the Entries / Content by the Promoter
24. The Promoter may publish Content produced by the winners on any of its websites or any social networking website any and all Content received by it in connection with this Competition at any time and for any reason.
25. All Participants hereby provide a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable licence to the Promoter to use the Content submitted for any purpose, including without limitation for advertising the Promoter’s products. The Participant hereby waives all moral rights they have in the Content submitted to the fullest extent permitted by law.
26. Each Participant warrants that they are the person who created the Content submitted to this Competition and that all Content adheres to the Content Guidelines. The Participant shall indemnify the Promoter and hold it harmless from and against any losses, damages, liabilities, obligations, claims, actions and demands, including without limitation reasonable legal fees, arising directly or indirectly from any breach of warranty set out in this clause.
Privacy and Data Protection
27. Other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions or for the purposes of operating the Promotion, the details and information provided by the Participant when entering the Competition or claiming the Prize will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
29. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Prize Draw whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
30. The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of this Prize Draw.
31. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive Entries due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Prize Draw.
32. By entering the Prize Draw, the Participant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Prize Draw or with the acceptance, possession or use of any Prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
33. All Prizes are subject to current tax law in the local jurisdiction, and may be considered to be a taxable fringe benefit to those who have participated and won under these Terms and Conditions. Winners are responsible for declaring, if applicable, the local currency equivalent cost of the Prize as earnings to the local tax authorities in the country that the Participant is resident.
34. This Prize Draw is governed by English law.