How To test the Ice Maker in Samsung Side By Side Refrigerator?
There are two different styles of Ice Makers in Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator: Flex Tray and Heated Tray
• Do not reset the ice maker more than once in a 24hr period. Doing so will result in overfilling the Ice Tray, causing water to pour directly into the Ice Bucket and freeze. Once the Ice Bucket is frozen and no longer able to dispense ice, the Ice Market will stop functioning and servicing is required.
Type 1: Flex Tray
There are three different styles of test switches used in Samsung Flex Tray Ice Makers:
• Raised, square-shaped, white plastic button
• Raised, round-shaped, black plastic button
• Flush, rectangular, black rubber button
Type 2: Heated Tray
For 2010 model or later, a chime will be heard once the test begins. Release the test switch when the sound is heard.
For older model earlier than 2010, press and hold the test switch for 10 full seconds
• After testing, remember to remove the ice that was dumped from the ice maker during the test, re-insert the ice bucket back into place and then close the door.
• Always verify that the ice bucket is seated properly. Verify the gear coupler on the rear wall of the freezer and on the back of the ice bucket fit together. If these couplers are not joined properly, ice will not be dispensed.
Need more help? Contact Us.
Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays)
8:00am - 8:00pm
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.