What is the notification panel and how do I use it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4?
The Notification Panel is a place to quickly access alerts, notifications and shortcuts. The Notification Panel is at the top of your mobile device's screen. It is hidden in the screen but can be accessed by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom. It is accessible from any menu or application.
You can touch a notification to view additional information, open the related application or interact with features on your device.
Touch to clear all notifications except the ongoing ones. You can clear individual notifications by touching and swiping the notification to the left or right.
Expandable notifications give more information without opening the application. Using two fingers slightly apart, touch and drag the notification to expand it for additional information.
To disable further notifications from the application touch and hold the notification. Then touch App info and uncheck the option for Show notifications.
Through the Notification Panel you have access to the Quick Panel. The Quick Panel contains shortcuts to several feature settings options so you can quickly turn a setting on or off. When a feature is turned on the icon and the bar below the feature name will turn green. If a feature is turned off these areas will be shown in grey.
Note: Touch and hold the shortcut icon for two seconds to open the feature's settings menu.
When you open the Notification Panel the first seven shortcuts from the Quick Panel are displayed in a bar at the top. You can swipe the bar to the left to view an additional four Quick Panel shortcuts.
You can open directly to the Quick Panel. Using two fingers slightly apart, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom.
You can also touch from the Notification Panel to display all of the shortcuts available.
The following shortcuts are available in the Quick Panel:
- Wi-Fi: Turn your device's Wi-Fi transmitter on or off.
- Location: Turn your device's GPS function on or off.
- Sound: Switch between sound on, vibrate only, and mute.
- Screen rotation: Turn automatic screen rotation on or off.
- Bluetooth: Turn your device's Bluetooth transmitter on or off.
- Mobile data: Turn mobile data on or off.
- Multi window: Turn the Multi Window feature on or off.
- Screen Mirroring: Set your device to mirror your screen with supported Smart TVs and other Samsung accessories.
- Sync: Turn all account sync functions on or off.
- Smart stay: Turn Smart stay on or off.
- Power saving: Turn power saving on or off.
- Blocking mode: Set your device to block incoming communications. You can adjust the Blocking mode settings and add contacts to the allowed list in the Blocking mode settings.
- Airplane mode: Turn Airplane mode on or off. When Airplane mode is on all radio transmitters are turned off.
From the Quick Panel grid view you can edit how the shortcuts are displayed in the Notification Panel and Quick Panel by touching . Alternatively you can access the Notification Panel settings menu from the Home screen: touch Apps > Settings > Device > Notification panel .
To reorder the shortcuts in the Quick Panel touch and hold a shortcut to select it. Drag the shortcut to the new location and then release it. Touch > OK to reset the shortcuts to their default locations.
Touch Brightness and volume to mark or unmark the checkbox. When the checkbox is marked the brightness and volume shortcut will be displayed in the Notification Panel. This feature is turned on by default.
Touch the slider to turn Recommended apps on . When the feature is turned on a list of recommended applications will be displayed in the Notification Panel when a headset is connected (for example).
Thank you. Glad we were able to help. Your feedback helps us provide better support
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
There are a number of different ways of contacting us via Live Chat, Email, Twitter, Facebook Messenger and more.
LEARN MORE >